Daily Mail revealed yesterday the the top ten “most super-expensive pieces of jewellery“. Guess whose piece of jewellery is up on the 6#?
1. CHOPARD’S WORLD WONDER - The world’s priciest bling is thought to be the ultra-rare blue diamond ring in white-gold band made by Swiss master Chopard - a bargain. £9.86million (chopard.com).
2. GARRARD’S QUEEN OF HEARTS - British jeweller Garrard’s Heart Of The Kingdom Ruby - a 40.63-carat Burma ruby on a 155-carat diamond necklace - is a mite cheaper at £8.48million
3. SOTHEBY’S SENSATIONAL SPARKLER - Sotheby’s set an auction record for jewellery in October 2007 when a Fancy Vivid Blue Diamond Ring went for £4.84million at its Hong Kong house (sothebys.com).
4. BERLIN’S ENTICING EMERALD - The same auction saw a sautoir (loose necklace) once owned by Broadway songsmith Irving Berlin, and adorned with a 47-carat green emerald, ring the tills at £1.6million.
5. FRENCH REVOLUTIONARY ROCKS - The famously extravagant French queen would surely have loved the Marie Antoinette Necklace - £2.24million worth of diamonds - produced by De Beers (debeers.com).
6. BLACK EYED BLING - When Black Eyed Peas singer Fergie tied the knot in January, she wore a diamond-heavy gold Venus Necklace by H.Stern (hstern.net) worth a mere £1.92million.
7. AFFLECK GOES FOR BROKE - When Ben Affleck proposed to Jennifer Lopez in 2002, he sealed the short-lived deal with a 6.1-carat pink diamond ring by Harry Winston (harrywinston.com) ) £727,000.
8. PARIS’S FIVE-STAR FINGER ADORNMENT - Not to be outdone, Paris Hilton’s brief 2005 engagement to shipping heir Paris Latsis came with a £2.85million 24-carat emerald-cut diamond ring from a private designer.
9. BEYONCE PUTS A RING ON IT - Topping the lot, Beyoncé slipped on an 18-carat emerald-shaped diamond in platinum band when she married Jay-Z in 2008 - £3million via jeweller Lorraine Schwartz.
10. J-LO’S OSCAR WINNERS - Something cheaper? The diamond earrings J-Lo wore to the 2007 Oscars were worth £170,000 from Lorraine Schwartz. Find her New York boutique at 580 Fifth Avenue.